Supplement to Lose Weight? 14 of them are ranking
among the top weight loss supplements to banish fat
Written by Kyle Pace Combs, aka “Weight Loss CEO”
Safe Weight Loss Supplements: Our Personal Fat Fighting Assistants
When it comes to getting rid of body fat, think of a supplement to lose weight as your personal assistant. They can help you efficiently reduce belly fat while maintaining lean muscle mass. Metabolism supplements are not new, but because of some ineffective and dangerous drugs that garnered notoriety, many people may be hesitant to try these, and they will truly be missing out.
The natural weight loss supplements we recommend have long been touted by cutting−edge nutrition experts as the best when it comes to burning fat and preserving muscle while maintaining a healthy blood sugar level. Many are antioxidants and have additional anti−inflammatory benefits. These are my own staples that you will always find in my cabinet. You’ll be able to peek inside it in one of my videos, where we’ll analyze each one and I’ll give you the pros. No cons on these superstar vitamins, and it’s why I’ve been able to stay in shape by using top weight loss supplements and a healthy diet (not to mention some good exercise)!!!
Is a Supplement to Lose Weight Really Essential?
You may be asking, “If I’m eating right, why do I need safe weight loss supplements?” Nutrition guru Dr. Perricone (my hero, and the first person to make me aware of many of these supplements) believes that we simply can’t get everything
we need from our food sources − no matter how well we eat. That’s because much of the fat burning nutrients in foods are available in such minute amounts, that we’d have to consume obscene quantities of calories just to get what we need.
Others, especially his supplement of choice, Alpha Lipoic Acid, are found naturally in our bodies but can’t be obtained through our diet. Just consider a best fat loss supplement your personal assistants that help your body work at peak efficiency.
It goes without saying that you should consult your physician before beginning to take any supplement − even though these are natural choices, some may interact with drugs you’re taking, and may work differently in your system, particularly if you
are pre−diabetic, diabetic, or have any underlying health issues.
The Top Weight Loss Supplements to Lose Belly Fat Fast
So what is the best supplement to lose weight? Here are my healthy dozen, with 2 more thrown in that I just couldn’t eliminate. 14 excellent choices that are recommended by leading experts. These are my personal favorites because they work together to help you lose fat while preserving lean muscle mass. (If you take these in addition to a good
multi−vitamin, like the one I get called New Chapter, you’ll be certain that you’re getting what your body requires, and a great diet.)
1. Caralluma fimbriata. This has long been thought of as the best fat loss supplement. It is a succulent plant that grows wild in India and has been used there for
centuries to curb appetite, because compounds in the plant “trick” your brain into thinking your stomach is full. It’s very safe, increases your energy and preserves lean muscle mass while decreasing your waist. You can purchase it for about 20 dollars and under.
2. Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). This fatty acid used to be common in our diets, since it’s found in grass−fed beef and lamb. As livestock have moved away from their natural diet, our consumption of CLA has dropped. That’s a shame, because when taken in effective doses (I take one 500 milligram capsule in the morning and one in the evening)
it helps block absorption of fat and sugar into fat cells and has been known to decrease weight in the abdominal area. It’s also a favorite supplement to lose weight for athletes, because it burns fat while maintaining muscle mass. With CLA in particular, always consult your doctor before taking it.
3. Chromium. Chromium is an essential trace mineral that is lacking in American diets. (The USDA estimates that a whopping 90 percent of Americans are chromium deficient!) Natural sources, like red meat and liver, are high in cholesterol. Researchers have discovered that when chromium is bound with niacin, it lowers blood sugar, raises levels of HDL (good cholesterol) and reduces overall cholesterol. (My personal favorite is Chromium Picolinate by Source Naturals − I take one 200 microgram tablet everyday with lunch. You can even get the Ultra Chromium Picolinate which has 500 mg for an extra boost)
4. Omega−3 Fatty Acids (Fish Oil): This is one of our favorite superfood supplements, and you know we get our unprocessed perfect wild caught salmon from Vital Choice Seafood click here to see their selection of premium wild fish delivered to your door. As we mentioned before, this really helps reduce inflammation and accelerate fat loss.
5. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA). ALA is a favorite supplement to lose weight according to Dr. Perricone, and it’s one that you can’t get from your diet. If I were stranded on a deserted island this is the supplement I would choose because it’s the universal antioxidant. Alpha lipoic acid is found inside your cells in the mitochondria. It increases your cells’ natural ability to absorb insulin, which helps lower your blood sugar levels. It’s a powerful antioxidant and anti−inflammatory.
6. Astaxanthin. This is the most potent carotenoid available − roughly 100 times stronger than vitamin E. It’s found in microalgae and wild Alaskan sockeye salmon and among the richest natural sources of this nutrient that reduces muscle damage and increases endurance. Astavita Astareal Astaxanthin is the one to purchase because it’s the best form of astaxanthin. I go into it more in depth in the muscle recovery article.
7. Carnitine is a nutrient that is produced naturally by your liver and kidneys. Since certain diseases of the liver may inhibit carnitine production, this is a great liver supplement. It allows us to convert fat into energy, but you need essential fatty acids in your diet to make it work at peek efficiency.
For all of your vitamin needs and for the lowest prices, here is a trusted and recommended vitamin suppliers below. After using many different vitamin companies in the past, this one ranks at the top of our chosen companies based on quality, reliability, high ratings by consumers, and very low prices (because of low overhead). We hope you enjoy shopping with them as much as we do.
Buy vitamins at AllStarHealth here
8. Acetyl−L− Carnitine is a synthesized lipoic acid that works in conjunction with Carnitine. Since it can pass through the blood−brain barrier, it works to protect brain cells and is often used for Alzheimer’s patients. Like Carnitine, it increases your metabolism.
9. Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10). Coq10 supplement enchances the metabolism and works in conjunction with the other supplements to regulate blood sugar and enhance insulin sensitivity. Q10 Vitamin maximizes the body’s fuel (food) burning efficiency, making it a powerful ally.
10. Gamma Linoleic acid (GLA). While the American diet gets a bad rap for its overabundance of Omega−6 fatty acids, GLA is actually an essential Omega−6 fatty acid that we need to burn fat. Diets that are high in trans fatty acids, red meat, dairy and sugar often lead to a deficiency of GLA. GLA lowers blood pressure and cholesterol while it increases your metabolic rate. Take it with meals to aid absorption.
11. Glutamine. This essential little amino acid packs some serious punch. Glutamine gets nitrogen − the building blocks of cells − to our muscle cells. If we don’t have enough glutamine in our system, our bodies will actually break down muscle tissue to get it. An added bonus is that it reduces cravings for high−glycemic carbohydrates, making it a dieter’s best friend.
12. Maitake SX Fraction. Derived from Maitake mushrooms, this supplement has been shown to help control blood sugar levels and combat excess weight around the abdomen. The Grifon brand Maitake SX is the one to purchase.
13. Dimethylethanolamine (DMAE). This compound is naturally found in some fish − including wild Alaskan salmon. It helps your muscles contract (which you need when you exercise) and reduces body fat while also being a good liver supplement. (The choline found in our next supplement also works overtime to protect your liver.) Used in the 1950s to treat ADD, DMAE can actually be over−stimulating for some people, so again, check with your physician before beginning a regime.
14. Vitamin B Complex. This is a cluster of vitamins that include vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, and B12 along with choline, biotin and inositol. They work together to convert carbohydrates into glucose and then convert that glucose into energy. To maintain your energy, both when you are working out and throughout the day, we believe it’s essential to take these vitamins. Another great supplement to lose weight.Buy vitamins at AllStarHealth here